PDA

View Full Version : Ipod

SWAT_Speedbump
02-16-2008, 03:27 AM
yeah I know... Ipod... Im gay but I love music!

Does anyone know how to get the music off of an ipod onto a new pc? I cant fucking figure it out!

If I sync it says I will lose what I have.

SWAT_Dan
02-16-2008, 03:32 AM
Music you added as mp3s? I know how to do it on a mac >.>

Or music you purchased through iTunes? thats easy. There's an option called "Transfer Purchases" and it will take all your purchased content off the iPod and authorize it for that PC.

SWAT_Speedbump
02-16-2008, 11:40 AM
Music thats already on the Ipod, I want it back on the pc, this a the new pc. I gave the old one to Chilli.

SWAT_Dan
02-16-2008, 02:04 PM
I know its on the iPod ~.~

did you buy it off iTunes? or did you add it from mp3s/CDs?

Mellonman
02-16-2008, 06:06 PM
If you bought the music off of Itunes then it is only good on the pc you used to download it and the Ipod you saved it to. You cannot transfer Itunes music from Ipod to another pc.

SWAT_Dan
02-16-2008, 07:42 PM
If you bought the music off of Itunes then it is only good on the pc you used to download it and the Ipod you saved it to. You cannot transfer Itunes music from Ipod to another pc.

you can have it on up to 5PCs, you can only download it once

SWAT_Speedbump
02-17-2008, 01:41 AM
Not itunes.... Copied from CD's

SWAT_Sniper
02-19-2009, 10:48 AM
Speedy,

I use this program and it works perfectly everytime.

http://www.ephpod.com/

Good luck!

Snipe

SWAT_Speedbump
02-19-2009, 11:32 AM
Thanks Snipe, I will give it a try this weekend.

SWAT_Speedbump
09-16-2009, 04:27 PM
I have a file (music file) i got legit off of a website (THE BANDS WEBSITE), any idea how I can get it on my Ipod?

SWAT_Speedbump
09-16-2009, 04:34 PM
I have a file (music file) i got legit off of a website (THE BANDS WEBSITE), any idea how I can get it on my Ipod?

10-22 Got it, I'm retarded!

SWAT_BigBear
09-16-2009, 04:54 PM
lol...... i-jacked

WaLkAwaY
09-16-2009, 06:42 PM
lol...... i-jacked
....off?:eek

Archangel
09-16-2009, 08:33 PM
Technically what you're trying to do is attempted to be made impossible, as the music you have is supposed to only be on the one computer, and they don't want say, for your friend to take your ipod and get all the music off of it for free. Of course, there are programs such as Music Rescue that are meant for when your hard drive fails and you want to re-copy your music from your iPod back over. Basically if you use such programs to give the music to anyone else it's illegal, though for your own use I think it's legitimate.

SWAT_Dan
09-16-2009, 09:26 PM
That is an old problem that I believe...or atleast certainly hope... has been resolved a long time ago, and as I stated, iTunes has a feature built in to help you transfer you DRM protected music off of an iPod, and you may have it on up to 5 devices/computers. With non-iTunes purchases and rips they do not go out of their way to make it easy if you do not backup your library (iTunes makes you move the original files instead of allowing you to pull them off an iPod)..but their are plenty of apps to help you do it for free, and if you own the original media which the files were ripped from, there is nothing illegal about putting them on another one of your own devices.

The thread was bumped for an entirely unrelated issue

WaLkAwaY
09-17-2009, 12:33 AM
One other way to do it if you cannot do what I am about to explain for an i-pod is...

1. Purchase another mp3 player
2. Use i-tunes to burn your legally downloaded music and make an audio CD (thus taking the copy protection off)
3. Then RIP the audio CD you just made to mp3's

Problem solved.

If you can't play the new mp3 files on the i-pod purchase a new mp3 player i got mine for under 50$ and it holds 2 - 4 gigs. and is smaller than a zippo lighter.

SWAT_Dan
09-17-2009, 03:01 AM
Speedy was just taking a ride on the shortbus today methinks

SWAT_Speedbump
09-17-2009, 06:43 AM
Although I do ride the short bus I think you are all crazy! I've had no problem backing up my itunes songs; got a big ass folder of them right here! Wanna see?!

I think I had a seizure is all... I forgot all about "drag and drop" (drag from the folder and drop into itunes. I coulda gone so many ways with that... Drag and Drop heh!)

I stopped downloading the illegal stuff before I turned 18 (MANY years ago) because I r skerd of da feds jo!