Results 1 to 10 of 230

Thread: Upgrade to DayZ Server + Map Change

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Calera, Al
    Posts
    1,526

    Upgrade to DayZ Server + Map Change

    I've put in my request for the latest control panel offered by Survivalservers.com which is the only way to change to newest maps/mods.
    It will only take them 5 mins or so, but I will be working odd hours until Sunday Dec 1st. They will leave the current server online for 48 hrs once the new CP is ready.
    The server IP will be changing (unknown atm, will post it here/vent asap). 198.154.118.43:4060
    Epoch 1.0.2.5 will still be used.
    We will run Taviana 2.0 (available on DayZ Commander), most of us already have the Island.

    All players will start fresh with basic starting gear, Epoch mod may not allow alterations of starting gear, I'll know soon.

    Taviana is much larger, but also has much more looting areas such as shopping malls/larger airports ect.

    Stay tuned
    Last edited by SWAT_BigBear; 12-01-2013 at 03:39 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Folsom and surrounding area!
    Posts
    2,025
    Sounds awesome. My question is how much longer do we have on the current map?





    “There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.” – Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Calera, Al
    Posts
    1,526
    Quote Originally Posted by SWAT_WaLkAwaY View Post
    Sounds awesome. My question is how much longer do we have on the current map?
    I replied to them an hour ago, so I'm guessing +48 hrs (Sunday morning).
    You may go on a rampage in there

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Folsom and surrounding area!
    Posts
    2,025
    Quote Originally Posted by SWAT_BigBear View Post
    I replied to them an hour ago, so I'm guessing +48 hrs (Sunday morning).
    You may go on a rampage in there
    Sweet so if I read that correctly we could be playing on the new map by Sunday morning?

    I know we will eventually span out on our own but to start are we going to have a main base? Do you know of any places to put a main base that is centrally located like Stary base?

    EDIT: Also how do you download the Taviana map for epoch. I see 2 DayZ Taviana downloads but neither make a reference to Epoch.

    EDIT 2: I just downloaded the Taviana 2.0 (in process) so I will just assume that whatever magic has to happen to do Epoch will happen when I join your server. After I dld it I will switch back to Chernarus map.
    Last edited by WaLkAwaY; 11-29-2013 at 10:14 AM.





    “There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.” – Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Calera, Al
    Posts
    1,526
    I do not know the Trader areas on Taviana as of yet. When we last played the Island the central/east airport was our central base.
    Once we get in.. we can come up with a neutral base, tho I plan on doing the same and putting myself in a high value area for loot
    The server will be ready before Sunday, but it might be Saturday eve or Sunday afternoon before I get to set it to our likings such as the buildings not to degrade over the stock 6 days. I also have to add automatic restarts (which this time it's going to give 30,15,10 & 1 min warnings instead of waiting for players to disconnect).

    I should know a lot more by Saturday evening, if not after work tonight (my work hours will collide since I have to be back by 5am Sat).

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Folsom and surrounding area!
    Posts
    2,025
    Quote Originally Posted by SWAT_BigBear View Post
    I do not know the Trader areas on Taviana as of yet. When we last played the Island the central/east airport was our central base.
    Once we get in.. we can come up with a neutral base, tho I plan on doing the same and putting myself in a high value area for loot
    The server will be ready before Sunday, but it might be Saturday eve or Sunday afternoon before I get to set it to our likings such as the buildings not to degrade over the stock 6 days. I also have to add automatic restarts (which this time it's going to give 30,15,10 & 1 min warnings instead of waiting for players to disconnect).

    I should know a lot more by Saturday evening, if not after work tonight (my work hours will collide since I have to be back by 5am Sat).
    This sounds cool. Does this mean though that we have to get permission from people to travel their high value area? Anyway I know we will all branch out and since the map is much larger that means more space between us and more reason to have shared resource sheds.

    Oh and call in sick.





    “There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.” – Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    so ill
    Posts
    320
    axe is off... and yes i was outside but it still tried to kill me... funny trying to ficx somethign makes it worse....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •