Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Upgrade to DayZ Server + Map Change

Epoch 1.0.5.1 & the new Sauerland ran really well for "the above post" and myself.
    We did see a bug... when attempting to open your safe Battleye kicks you. (so I've temporarily disabled BE).
    I will be testing more over the next few days (pending around work).

Thanks for the update.

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.” – Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

Quote Originally Posted by SWAT_BigBear View Post
    Epoch 1.0.5.1 & the new Sauerland ran really well for "the above post" and myself.
    We did see a bug... when attempting to open your safe Battleye kicks you. (so I've temporarily disabled BE).
    I will be testing more over the next few days (pending around work).
    MrPim has expressed interest in playing with you guys sooo can you post up the link to the map and **EXPLETIVE****EXPLETIVE****EXPLETIVE****EXPLETIVE ** so I can help him get it set up?

According to Epoch forums:
    We are a couple days from Gamespy shutting down..and during the change to Steam we will have issues.
    Steam goes by Steam ID (currently server databases are handled by players UID. This means that after our server gets updated to Steam ID's, ALL players will spawn as a fresh new player. I will have to manually insert the new ID's into the database of the old UID so you will get your saved gear/vehicles ect. I recommended storing gear/keys ect into a safe place such as a safe/hidden tents ect.
    I will be updating the server on Monday eve 06/30/14.

Update to the DDOS attacks:
    It's still a hit or miss chance of playing on the server, I've been unable for 24 hrs fri/sat but it let me in this sun am. (but heading to work after I checked it).
    The host, SurvivalServers, are purchasing ddos protection for the Dallas servers, it should be installed by Tues 7-1-14 at the latest.
    According to the Gamespy shut down on Monday 6-30-14, I may have to wait until Tues for the Steam update. We will still be able to IP connect (without Steam), but the Steam/ArmA2 patch will eventually need installed to the server so I can get the latest beta of ArmA2.

Due to reports of new bug, I would not add gear to your Safe. My current inventory is still intact, but reports say if you add items, all items may disappear from the Safe.
    Stay tuned as it is tested more.

On a good note:
    I didn't notice this included in the changelogs (may have just read thru to fast lol) but I've seen green circles of areas on the map which hint to spawn locations. These stay up for a lil while then they change location. Seems 1 area at a time.
    Ok, so I was lucky enough to get to one and it was a large ammo crate, which had:
    13 scrap metal,
    11 metal floors,
    1 M9SD+3 clips,
    1 Safe

I'm looking forward to looting more of those

Thanks for the heads up.

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.” – Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

cant craft gold, not sure if that was covered but i didn't see it. not sure if you can craft iron but silver and gold is out. also cant put vehicle in jolly green 53... and i wish they would update the cargo ro fit it. it would should could carry as much as the chithook. too late for the safe. my stuff so far was ok but just added stuff in it. resets are not happening. spawn in bldgs is shot. the zekes are spawning great. but the respawn in bldgs is no go at this time. server reset may fix it. ... wasn't sure of the green area. thoght it may have been one of those ai attack areas. oh well...

aXe out

Silver and gold smelting has been replaced with briefcases. And you can still combine bars to make a ten. This has been in implementation since the last update.

How is the Zombie Ai in the new updates if you dont mind me asking?