Thread: Upgrade to DayZ Server + Map Change

Some more pictures.

Locked door on a castle.

Upper area of the castle

Bathroom

Dining hall

Sleeping quarters

Car park

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.” – Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

The armory, pay close attention to the weapons available.

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.” – Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

well i just built a service station at stary on this one. oh well. maybe taviana will be more stable and not eat my suv's.

Okay so far the things I have noticed in that server:
    • The vehicles refill ammo just like your magazines do when you log and then join back up.
    • The zeeks seem a little more angry.
    • The AI controlled Bandits, survivors and Military for the most part take your humanity into consideration when dealing with you. Though the bandits seem to not care and will shoot at you regardless. The military is on the fence and if you step out of line or seem hostile or have good stuff they have a tendency to follow you. The survivors are sometimes shoot first and sometimes hold back. Every situation is different when dealing with the survivors and the military. I have ran up to survivors that were friendly and I have been shot at by survivors who I think were scared I was going to kill them. If I post the video up I made it shows some survivors that formed a militia with the military and they all of a sudden show up enmasse while I am fueling a vehicle. I took a chance and got out and they were okay.
    • There is a much wider assortment of weapons and vehicles that I have not seen on the SWAT server. M8, SCAR varients and others to include Javelins and mines (which you can lay a mine field with) and IED's also jets and a jackal and other vehicles.
    • The guy I talked to said that if they wanted to implement it they could have the armored SUV's and that they also have safes.
    • There is also a larger back pack than the large gun bags we have been using, not sure how much it holds as I forgot to ask.
    • The traders are really spread out so that really negates the "getting the good spot" like I did up at Klen trader on chernarus.
    • The traders being so far apart is both good and bad, it means that people are going to have to either work together to make money at first. Or everyone goes it alone and it will take a lot longer to acquire wealth. I could go either way on this.
    • There seems to be a bug where I could not get into a vehicle sometimes if the person who owned it got in first. This could have been due to them being admins and them spawning the vehicles to show me around I do not know.
    • Towing is also implemented and there did not seem to be any issues. Not sure about the airlift thing as I did not try it but with this map I could see it being needed and towing as well.

All in all if everything works out with this map and epoch and us, I think this very well could be the last map we ever use. There is so much to explore and so many buildings that you can go into that I doubt any of us will ever get bored with it. Plus there are so many places to get high end gear that no one area is really way better than the rest. So no more having to sit at the airfield for 21 hours a day. Plus if we can implement the AI controlled Bandits, survivors and military they have super high end gear that can be pillaged. Seriously so much that I could not pick it all up and just had to leave everything, I swear that if I had had a way to carry and sell I would have made 2 - 3 briefcases full just today.

Like I said I can send you some cash. I would not expect any special treatment or consideration either. I know that it is really nice to be the only one paying for something because that way you do not have to consult anyone or feel the need to get permission and I do not want to take that away from you but I also think that you should not be burdened with the whole cost of the server if there are things that are implemented that if the server breaks they can charge extra for. Just a thought.

Oh yeah everyone, don't feel that because there is so much good loot that it will be a walk in the park. If those AI bots are implemented you will really earn what you loot. The bots show up at the most inopportune times and when you least expect it. A few times I thought I was going to die but luckily I ran into some areas Bear was talking about where the zombies are more numerous and spawn more often and the bandits had to take to shooting them so I escaped. I did this twice and the third time I just flat out ran and jumped into my vehicle and took off. The AI controlled bots add an element that I think is an awesome compromise to some people wanting PvP and I actually really enjoyed the server and the added element of uncertainty and nervousness. Quite large bands to, anywhere from 4 -5 to 12 bots is what I encountered, not so easy to out shoot 12 AI bandits.

EDIT: And the server I have been playing on is called PDI Epoch Taviana Server 2.0. Just search for PDI and put tavi in the mission thingy.
    Last edited by WaLkAwaY; 11-29-2013 at 11:28 PM.

I like the idea of Bots, I've seen a couple videos of them.
    I'd like to hear other opinions also.

I'm still debating towing. Dropping a vehicle on someone can cause heartaches, lol

Quote Originally Posted by SWAT_BigBear View Post
    I like the idea of Bots, I've seen a couple videos of them.
    I'd like to hear other opinions also.

I'm still debating towing. Dropping a vehicle on someone can cause heartaches, lol
    Well that is why you might implement some ground rules for the server. Common sense thing like no stealing, no flying directly over someones place. After I almost killed you with my mozzie grenades I either dumped them when I first got into it or I made sure I did not fly over anyones junk.

Also I would like it if everyone had a pact about the vehicles. Use what you find until you are in a position to buy what you want. I appreciated everyones help to get going and then you turned me loose on the server I went crazy with finding vehicles and selling them, even created a second character to use as a bandit so that myself and others could benefit from the higher monetary gain form selling to the bandit trader than that of the hero trader.. I think last I counted I had 17 briefcases full of gold and still had junk to sell. I bought all my vehicles because I felt that not everyone was as rich as me and by hoarding the higher end vehicles I was hindering some one else from making their millions so to speak. The stuff respawns people and I also think that buying it makes you more prone to care more about it. You never stop needing money in the game, even if you have 30 briefcases full there is always someone who needs help or needs supplies or could use an SUV, and it only takes a few catastrophes to widdle your funds down to nothing again. Imagine you are at your base taking off and your game crashes... a vodnik, two choppers and some other vehicles can easily reach 10 briefcases no problem and have your internet go out a few times when flying there goes another ten.

EDIT: I am rendering a video of highlights from the server I was on today. It is an hour long and even after taking a lot of crap out it still does not cover even a small percentage of what this map holds. The sheer volume of apartments is staggering. Apologies ahead of time as most of it is at night, it was a UK server. But I did pay special attention to the building they guys had done for Bear and Axe so they could check it out. That stuff is mainly in the first half of the video in case you only want ot watch that stuff.
    Last edited by WaLkAwaY; 11-30-2013 at 12:27 AM.

Oh yeah and we need jets and an AH 64 Apache helicopter all with working guns and missiles. That would be AWESOME with a capital F*** YEAH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SWAT_WaLkAwaY View Post
    Like I said I can send you some cash.
    Maybe time to bring back the SWAT Dues, to help pay for the server?

Just a thought!

Did something awesome this am. Went to a different server this one was a PVE only no player killing and they had something called missions. So a mission came up that stated a C130 had gone done and it gave a grid and so I was asked if I wanted to go and I said sure when we get there it was total mayhem, the AI bandits were already there and the zombies were strolling into the place. Two of the people I was with died from bandit sniper fire and I went down the side of the mountain and flanked the bandits. I only got to kill two of them as the other people i was with sniped them all. The plane had all this cargo around it and when I examined the boxes there were things like 25 weapons of different kinds, all types of ammo including m134 and 203 HE rounds, grenades 7 or 8 different smoke grenade colors, food and medical supplies, I laughed at there being 82 cans of baked beans. Just massive amounts of stuff but it was hard to take from the bandits who got there first. Then we did a raid on a bandit controlled supply point and got more stuff. I think I am being spoiled by these things.

EDIT: Oh and tanks, we need tanks with working munitions.
    Last edited by WaLkAwaY; 11-30-2013 at 11:49 AM.

i would like to take the small barracks position just north of martin between Sevastopol and martin on east island east coast. i stayed there most of he last time and am familiar with it please. also most of the time i spawned on the point just next to the bridge end. nice map with supermarket and malls, also has multiple airports. i prefer the east side, just cause i am most familiar with it. the west airport has huge loots especially on top of the oil storage tanks. .. just a note, the vws go like bats out of hell but also attract zekes like a dog to that steak u just cooked on the grill.